Why Play Booster League?
Booster League is a great format for newer players and veterans alike! If you don’t have a large collection, the format evens the playing field. If you aren’t able to spend a lot on Magic, League allows you to pay the price of a draft and then get in a bunch of games with other players! For those of you who just love to crack packs, it’s another excuse. It’s also a way for people with limited time to play Magic to drop by at hours where they may not be a large event running and still be able to find people to play with.
This time Wizards has given us these awesome League Boxes to hand out on entry! We have a bunch but supplies are limited.
What you need to know to get started:
Entry: One time fee of $15, includes 3 Packs of Amonkhet
- Build a 30 card minimum deck with your 3 booster packs.
- You’ll register your pool with a Deck Register sheet which you leave with us and update it whenever you get to add a pack.
- Every week you can add another booster pack to your pool! New weekly booster packs can be added starting the second week on Mondays. If you lose 3 games you can also add another to your pool!
- Matches are just one game and there is a free Mulligan (then proceed to Mulligan normally).
- Report the results to us. Games will not count towards the Prizes if you play the same person more than once in a row. You can alternate but no farming the same friend for points!
Time/Date: Starts April 29th, ends May 28th.
Anytime you can drop into the store! Playing between matches of events is a great way to kill time. Staff will always have their league decks on them and if there’s a break in the action we’ll happily jam a game with you.
This time around we will have an Official League Night, which will be Wednesdays!
We will be finishing the League Friday, May 28th and hand out prizes starting on Monday, May 29th. If you win one of the prizes and aren’t available at the time, don’t worry! We’ll hold them for you.
Every Player adds a Pack to the Prize Pool. We’ll keep track of players scores and hand out prizes at the end of the league. They will be divided as evenly and fairly as possible. Tie-Breakers will be decided by who signed up first, so stop waiting and get playing!
Most Games Played 1st – 3rd Place
Most Wins 1st – 3rd Place
Most Loses 1st – 3rd Place
Prize Packs can be any combination of Amonkhet, Aether Revolt, Kaladesh, Shadows Over Innistrad or Eldritch Moon!
Staff will have League decks to play when we aren’t busy but don’t worry we aren’t eligible for prize. We just love an excuse to buy packs and play Magic.